Thursday, March 15, 2007

Looking For Something More and Missing Much More

One of my favorite country songs is recorded by Sarah Evans, a song entitled I Keep Looking. I like it because it so accurately describes human discontentment. The chorus goes as follows:

I keep looking, I keep looking forI keep looking for something more.
I always wonder what's on the other sideOf the number two door.
I keep looking, looking for something more.

Why do so many live reckless lives in the danger zone? Why are so many lives wasted due to alcohol, drugs, and foolishness? Isn't it the insane pursuit for something more - more thrills, more happiness, more peace? Now we're certainly all for thrills, happiness and peace, but what if there is something more than even this!

The Bible says that there is much more:

For if by the one man's offense death reigned through the one, much more those who receive abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the one, Jesus Christ. (Rom 5:17)

We look for something more because we're incomplete. What a tragedy to spend our whole life searching for something more and overlook the much more of Jesus Christ.

Pastor Van Morris

No comments: