Tuesday, April 6, 2010

I'm Pulling For The Nice Guy

Opening day for baseball was yesterday.  Now I'm not a huge fan of baseball, but this year I'm going to keep a closer watch, especially on the National League – particularly on the St. Louis Cardinals.

Yes, I know that most people around this area most likely will pull for the Cincinnati Reds, but not me.  I'm pulling for the Cardinals.

My reason is very simple – Trevor Miller is a relief pitcher for the Cardinals.  Trevor and his wife Pari were once members at C.C.C., back when Trevor was, interestingly, signed with the Reds.  Sadly they had to leave us, when Trevor moved on to the Toronto Blue Jays.

Someone told me they recently heard a baseball commentator speak of Trevor, saying that he was known as "the nicest guy in baseball."  Wow!  What a compliment.  And from what I remember of Trevor, I would have to agree 100%.  The Miller's were and still are a dear family.

And by the way, here's an opening day highlight – Cardinals 11, Reds 6.

Pastor Van

No comments: